Welcome

I hope you all enjoy my thoughts and theories thank you for reading!

About Me

My photo
I'm in my third year of college and I have no direction! I also have found if I use my first name initial and my middle initial then my full last name people think I'm a literary genius.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Paranormal Activity

Well how should I say this? I still have goosebumps. I am a huge fan of the horror suspense film genre, there is nothing like a good scary. But recently Hollywood has produced duds or just gore-por films. Which I'm not a fan of, I believe the last time I was scared from a movie was from watching "The Creature from the Black lagoon" when i was 5. But the last time I was scarred from a movie was Saw 1 which I am a die hard lover of Saw 1. Anyways back to the task at hand.
Paranormal Activity is the closest I have ever been to freaking out in a movie. Just standing in line I was getting chills watching grown me leaving the theater in shock, or in tears; not to mention what distraught most females where in. To be honest I wasn't falling for the hype, I was expecting some jumps and that's it, for PETE SAKE the budget was $11,000. Well I was blown away at the story and scares this young film maker produced. The movie gives a great background and a necessary one for both characters painting a beautiful flaw the girlfriend has. Which is she has had a demon haunting her, her whole life. Well her boyfriend decides he wants to play with it and video tape it. For the next week we see different hauntings unfold through the movie gradually getting worse and worse. These haunting are bone chilling for someone like me. I believe in demons and possession, which just made it all real to me. In theater I was questioning the whole time how with only $11,000 did they make that door move, how did that happen. The film maker does just an excellent job providing thrills and puzzling situations. Ultimately the end is what got me, how it haunts you and just makes you so uneasy to walk into your dark house that night. For those who are hearing mixed reviews on this film, fall into the hype go see it, be open minded and dont just say to yourself this movie wont scare you. Just let the fact of this movie made with $11,000 could possibly be one of the most bone chilling movies of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment