Welcome

I hope you all enjoy my thoughts and theories thank you for reading!

About Me

My photo
I'm in my third year of college and I have no direction! I also have found if I use my first name initial and my middle initial then my full last name people think I'm a literary genius.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Who Says? I say John Mayer what the FRICK!

So John Mayer released his new single Who Says, off his new album Battle Studies. I was so excited to his new tune, because I heard the Trio was playing with him on the album(which I love). But I was severely disappointed, form the start of the music video I was puzzled. Is John Mayer a New York Hipster Now? I was so saddened by the first 18 seconds the camera just showing him living this "hipster" lifestyle I almost cried, but then I did. The chords start "oh wait I thought this is cool." but that was quickly followed by me humming "Stop this Train" a song that was on his last studio album. I quickly found out that the two songs share similar features, which just sunk me into a deeper state of depression. Next I started to listen to the lyrics, which the meaning to them have grown on me, I like the mindset of it's my life I'm going to live it how I want. But I struggle by the means he used to convey that. Oh John I just hope the rest of the album gets better as she goes. I posted the video blow check it tell me what you think. Actually I prefer the bottom one.




No comments:

Post a Comment