Welcome

I hope you all enjoy my thoughts and theories thank you for reading!

About Me

My photo
I'm in my third year of college and I have no direction! I also have found if I use my first name initial and my middle initial then my full last name people think I'm a literary genius.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

15 Greatest robots/cyborgs in Film/TV

We all have watched a movie or T.V. program who a robot has been seen or played a character in the script, or even been the main character. After main hours of debating and coming up with mathematics equations I believe I have posted my top 15 favorite robots seen throughout film and T.V.


15. Sentinel(x-men) These giant robots were mainly a giant mindless neanderthal to the x-men team, and really never posed a huge threat. But not only are they GINORMOUS, they can FLY, and SHOOT LASERS OUT OF THEIR EYES. SCORE!


14.Model B-9 Environmental Control Robot (LOST IN SPACE) The B-9 was the protector of the Robinson family in the T.V. show Lost in Space, some good say he was also in the Lost in Space Movie but I choose to forgot that blemish of a fantastic franchise. B-9 came eqiped with beeps and blips, super robot strength and futuristic weapons; as well as a radar that would alarm Will Robinson that danger was quickly approaching. I mean honestly we all could use a B-9 in our lives.


13.Bender Bending Rodriguez (Futurama) Coming in at number 14 is our favorite wise guy robot created by the brilliant minds of Futurama. Bender is the chain smoking, raging alcoholic, built by Mexican hands anti hero of the comedic cartoon. If he isn't swearing, drinking, or smoking, he is most likely hating on non-robots or causing trouble; well most likely he does all that while smoking and drinking. And that is why he comes in at number 14 on our robot list.

12. Data (Star Trek Next Generations) Data is considered an Android who tags along with the great Captain Picard on the Enterprise, he really is just an encyclopedia for the crew and just an endless plethora of knowledge. Data often struggles to see human emotion and tries to understand which the great Captain tries to show him and teach him their emotions. Pretty much Data is crazy awesome cause he has YELLOW EYES.

11. Ash (Alien) Ash is the android in the film Alien that screws the whole ship over and makes Ripley hate androids, all because of his secret mission to bring the Alien back to be studied. Oh wait you haven't seen the movie yet? Well I dont care, because you obviously oblivious to the whole world and film making, so sorry that you have spent your days living as a hermit on the outskirts of Tatooine. Ash is pretty much a cruel prick who deserves what he gets in the film, and just the fact he has machine coolant for blood is awesome!

10. Mobile Suit Gundam Say what you want, I believe they are more then just vehicles, because they have minds of their own, see the end of endless waltz true fact, WING ZERO has a brain. These guys are made up a new type of metal which is pretty much the toughest stuff ever known and if you have a real GUNDAM you are a master pilot and crazy awesome, with 50cal guns on their heads, beam swords, and lazer rifles, crazy whips, and huges chain guns for arms, these machines are pretty pretty pretty BAD ACE.

9.Mega Man Although he is a child you still don't want to mess with this robot, he will shoot you with a plasma cannon, and then still your power! There is nothing more demoralizing then getting killed by a prepubescent robot and then getting your power of shooting scissors out of your arm stolen.

10. Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still) Well for those of you that wasted your time seeing the remake I am sorry, but the robot of Gort still was pretty pretty pretty cool, even in the original Gort was quite the robot. Gort is a huge robot that vaporizes weapons, and well, in the remake releases nano things to eat the earth. So I pretty sure he is awesome CAUSE HE CAN'T BE STOPPED!!!!!!

8. Transformers Even Micheal Bay turned these guys into a blockbuster of explosions, transformers was still rockin the television shows and comics. These robots not only pack some heavy fire power, they can transform into anything they want a car, a truck, a tank, a gun, a shank, or a tuna sandwich. Plus they had some awesome CATCH PHRASES, AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT.

7. Robo Cop One of my favorite Crime Fighters as a child, a once human killed and rebuilt as the perfect cop. Robo Cop, had comics, tv shows, and movies, all depict him as a robot who hates crime and uses BIG GUNS to stop it. Looking back on the movies and comics, he is quite violent and I wonder if it has affected me as an adult? Mainly I WANT THE AUTO 9.








6. Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, Cam-Bot, and Gypsy (mystery science theater 3000) These robots helped provide me with endless pop culture references as I would watch crap science fiction movies, so really they were killers or crazy, they just gave people hours and hours of entertainment.


5. The Sentinels (The Matrix) Not only did these octopus looking robots look SWEET they also were the most feared thing in the land of the Matrix trilogy. These guys want nothing but to kill all the humans, and they do a PRETTY PRETTY GOOD JOB AT IT. To bad after the first Matrix the other 2 didn't live up.


4. The Terminator (T-800 or 101) Now this is where it became so hard for me to deiced the last few robots. I placed the T-800 in fourth because, it was an amazing design and character fathered by James Cameron. In the T-800 we see almost everything we as humans fear technology to become. That one day it will be so smart it will take over the world. So I place the T-800 in 4th because, well it's amazing but not the best.


3. R2-D2 Yes, R2-D2 is in third please send me all the hate mail you want! I placed with little astromech droid, is the face of all robots, it hails from the worlds most well known franchise in film history which made me place him up in the top ranks of this system. R2-D2 is not only capable of hacking into main frames and shutting down garbage dumps in detention blocks, but he has some handy gadgets and a spunky little attitude. He has rockets to make him fly, he has a projector you can watch movies on, a cattle prod, and a spring load lightsaber launcher, and who doesn't want that in their droid.


2. The Borg (star trek)
Number 2 is finally here! The borg, the only race that still scares me from my childhood. I remember watching the next generation and hiding my face under blankets when the borgs would appear in an episode. The borg are a cybernetic race that live in hives and will take humans and turn them into mindless cyborg warriors; in short. I believe what makes them so scary is that another fear of the human race is for robotics to consume us so much that we lose ourselves and become slaves to the technology, thus we become the borgs. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

1. Terminator (T-1000) Now I may get hated on for having this robot number one but, the T-1000 is taking the character of the T-800 and then making it even more hardcore! The T-1000 which is found in Terminator 2 is a robot sent to kill John Connor, and it has some more tricks then the T-800. The T-1000 is a liquid metal, it can take on any shape, it wants. Like replicate a human or turn its arm into a blade, or make his hand into a blender. The T-1000 doesn't reflect bullets it absorbs them like he is pudding. Although the T-1000 ultimately meets its doom, it still is the greats robot known to film.

1 comment:


  1. Great and useful article. Creating content regularly is very tough. Your points are motivated me to move on.


    Education Franchise Opportunities in India

    ReplyDelete